I have been writing articles about marketing and business online since early 1998. Below you'll find a small sample of recent and also older articles.
Recent articles and pages on writing for the web:
- 3 Reasons why I’ll be joining you for 4 Weeks to Content Marketing Mastery with Brian Clark
- Video interview in which I describe the origins and scope of my online copywriting program, Copywriting 2.0.
- The deeper rewards of writing your own website on a topic that truly interests you.
- 7 Reasons why I use SBI! for my money-making websites.
- Long copy or short copy – which works best?
- The agony of trying to get noticed on social media. And what to do about it.
- When writing website content, try to speak from the inside, in a confident voice.
- Copywriters -- Do you know what going on a “factory visit” means?
- Write different types of website content according to the kind of response you are hoping for.
- 4 Tips on writing a website home page.
- When writing sales copy, please don’t try to hook me. I’m not a fish.
- Where are the calls to action on the first screen of your home page?
- How can Google judge the value of inbound links in a universe of social media?
- Supermarkets wouldn't sell much if all the head office staff hung around in the aisles.
- How good are you at writing for web page skimmers and scanners?
- Are you forgetting to use some very simply and proven sales techniques on your online sales pages?
- When Keywords Don't Deliver.
Recent articles and pages for freelancers:
- Introducing Video Mentoring - A low-cost alternative to my one-on-one coaching services.
- 16 Ways in Which a Coach Can Help Grow Your Freelance Business [SLIDESHOW]
- The number one indicator of freelance financial success is the length of your Goal Horizon.
- Ride the wave and accelerate your success as a freelance copywriter.
- 3 ways to increase the fees you charge for online copywriting projects.
- 4 Reasons why being a freelance copywriter is one of the best and safest jobs in today’s new world.
Popular articles from several years ago:
- 3 Steps to Great Copy
- Words - the last and best way to differentiate yourself online.
- Do too many graphics reduce sales page conversion rates?
Articles of mine published on other websites:
About the author: Nick Usborne is an online writer, copywriter, author and coach. Read more…